Vice President, Acting Treasurer & Deaf Curling Committee Chair
Bonjour!!! My name is Shawna Joynt. I have been the Vice President of MDSA since 2014. I have been involved in a variety of sports all my life. I have four boys that are also actively in involved in a variety of sports.
A dear friend and partner of mine that passed away had a passion for sports, and wanted to see equal treatment in all sports whether deaf or hearing, and unlimited access to interpreting. I promised I’d fight to the end and see those dreams become reality.
*Life is full of choices and it’s you writing your own life.*
I volunteer a lot of my time in both worlds (hearing and deaf/hard of hearing). I love it😉
- Curling Funspiel 2018, 2019
- Communication of Assigning Interpreters Director – 2018-Present
- Warren Minor Hockey-Website & Social Media – 2018-Present
- Canadian Deaf Sports Association Director – 2017-Present
- Manitoba Deaf Curling Club Treasurer – 2017-Present
- Interlake Thunder Football Team Manager/events/volunteers – 2016-Present
- Chairperson – Manitoba Deaf Curling Club
- Super Bowl and Grey Cup – 2016
- Baseball Coach (Mosquitos) – 2016
- Manitoba Deaf Curling Club President – 2015-Present
- Manitoba Deaf Sports Association Vice-President – 2014-Present
- Manitoba Deaf Curling Club – Treasurer 2014
- Baseball coach (Learn to Play) – 2012
- Football Manager – 2011-Present
I love my time with my family and friends. Watching movies is a big thing with my family! I like to stay active and try new things.