Hello! My name is Brenda and I am the President of MDSA for the 2017-2019 term.
As many people may not realize, I am not an athlete nor have I ever participated in playing sports. I became involved in several Deaf sports organizations as a mission to help athletes achieve their dreams.
- Since 2002 I have been involved in the following:
- 2002 – Secretary for the Canadian Deaf Ice Hockey Championships
- 2009 – Secretary for the World Deaf Ice Hockey and Curling Championships
- 2012 – 2015 Secretary for the Manitoba Deaf Sports Association
- 2015 – 2017 Acting President for the Manitoba Deaf Sports Association
- 2017 – 2019 President for the Manitoba Deaf Sports Association
- 2009 to current – Recording Secretary for the Canadian Deaf Sports Association
My interests including baking, camping, fishing, watching movies, and spending time with friends and family.